June was a bumper month of events for us, with exhibition stands at three very different conferences.
The largest event by far was the CIPD Festival of Work, which brings together HR leaders from across the UK and abroad. The event has three main focuses: Learning and Development, Technology, and the Future of Work.
Mindful’s Managing Director, Mark Mckenna, was invited to speak on the Learning and Development stage, where he shared his view on the rise of online learning and the power of video analytics.
The key takeaways from the session were:
- Video content is moving away from a “nice to have” to a ‘must’ within employers’ L&D offers
- There are increasing expectations that video content will be high-quality
- When planning L&D needs, it’s important that employers consider both video content and technology simultaneously in order to deliver a first-class learning experience… you can’t have one without the other
- Access to video analytics means that real time interventions can be made, driving up outcomes and impact for the organisation
- Video analytics are a great way to show the return on investment in great learning content, as well as where further investment may be needed
It’s essential that colleges remain up-to-date with the demands of employers and their employees – especially as apprenticeships are increasingly used as a staff development tool. With the likes of Apple and Netflix branching out into content production and driving up expectations, the education sector must respond accordingly or avoid being left behind.