Monday 19th October saw the start of Colleges Week, an annual event which provides the opportunity to celebrate colleges and reflect on the brilliant work that they do within our communities.
There were a number of topics highlighted this year, from how colleges are contributing to building the economy, to innovation within FE, supporting local communities, and the ‘above-and-beyond’ and ongoing response by colleges to the Covid-19 pandemic. Here are some great news stories about our partner colleges from the past year:
- LSEC lends its hands, its expertise and even its car parks
- Harlow College Awarded for Digital Innovation
- Harlow College Supporting Frontline NHS
- How NCG Colleges Came Together to Create National Impact During the Covid-19 Crisis
- Barking & Dagenham College to launch scheme to support local businesses
FE colleges often get overlooked within the education sector, particularly when it comes to budgets, which is why Mindful Education wholeheartedly supports the Association of College’s #LoveourColleges campaign. Anyone can support the Colleges Week campaign in a number of ways, and one way to do this would be through engaging with your MP – visit loveourcolleges.co.uk to find out more.
Here’s the Mindful Education team getting together virtually to celebrate Colleges Week! #LoveourColleges