From 1 September 2021, there will be changes to the AAT’s Level 3 Advanced Synoptic Assessment. These changes are being made following the AAT’s recent announcement that they are altering the assessment of spreadsheet skills.
If you sat and passed the current synoptic assessment in July, then these changes will not affect you as they only start from September 2021. However, if you have started preparing for the assessment, but missed the July sitting or planned to sit the assessment after July, then you will be required to sit the two new assessments:
- The Advanced Synoptic will remain and will consist of 6 tasks covering; Advanced Bookkeeping, Final Accounts Preparation, Management Accounting: Costing and Ethics for Accountants
- Spreadsheets for Accounting will consist of 5 tasks. Accounting knowledge and understanding will not be assessed but questions may have an accounting theme.
In response to this change from the AAT, and to enable learners to prepare for the new assessments, we have created the following two new units in the VLE:
- Ethics for Accountants and Synoptic
- This unit will be released as per your delivery calendar
- Spreadsheets for Accounting
- Online lessons will be released on 26 July 2021
- Assessment practice will be released in late August 2021.
The current Spreadsheets, Ethics and Synoptic unit within the Mindful Education VLE will be discontinued on 26 July 2021, as the material is no longer being assessed in this format. To avoid confusion, learners will no longer be able to access the unit.
For any new learners starting their Level 3 qualification, you will have access to the new units and will work towards the assessments in line with your course calendars.
If you would like further information then please refer to the amended qualification specifications, or contact your college or training provider who will be able to advise you further.