|Remuneration:||£18,000 – £20.000|
|Reporting to:||Finance and Operations Manager|
At Mindful Education we specialise in creating media-rich professional courses & apprenticeships, which we deliver in partnership with colleges around the UK. Our courses and apprenticeships are marketed towards private individuals, colleges and employers.
The courses we build and deliver contain:
- Online lectures, which are written and presented by experienced lecturers and experts;
- Motion graphics and animations that augment the student experience;
- Case studies and online exercises;
- Bespoke Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) that host the content we create.
We are an innovative, hard-working and dedicated digital education company aiming to set a new standard in the digital delivery of UK further and higher education.
As the Finance Assistant, a significant part of your role will be to work alongside the Mindful Education finance team and assist with the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable process. In addition, you will also be expected to help with other key financial responsibilities, such as expenses, reporting requirements, internal reports and handling a student database.
As this is an apprenticeship role, you will be required to spend 1 day a week studying technical content for the Apprenticeship, which will be delivered in a blended learning format in conjunction with one of Mindful Education’s college partners.
- To help handle the accounts payable transactions for the company. This will include processing supplier invoices, reconciling all purchases, liaising with suppliers where appropriate and obtaining relevant approval for purchases from team leads.
- To help handle the accounts receivable transactions for the company. This will include preparing fee/funding templates and invoices, collating information needed for invoicing purposes, and ensuring all payments are received on a timely basis.
- To help communicate with partners and respond to college finance teams and supplier enquiries regarding billing and similar matters.
- To assist with the tracking of courses and apprenticeships for the purpose of billing.
- To assist with the handling and reporting of company transactions through the online accounting platform Xero.
- To work with other team members across the company (this will include members of the commercial team, academics, film makers, graphic designers, motion graphic designers and digital developers) to help facilitate the finance team’s responsibilities.
- To review staff expense claims on Xero to ensure that relevant proof of expenses are provided prior to approval from the managing director.
- To assist the finance team with financial reporting requirements, including statutory accounts, tax reporting, and filing requirements.
- To help prepare regular internal finance reports for review by the Finance & Operations Manager. This will include, but is not limited to: regular payment and sales summaries, quarterly VAT returns, staff expense reports, and budgets.
- When necessary, undertake additional tasks which the finance team members may need assistance with.
- To assist with the maintenance of a Management Information System (Maytas) for the purposes of financial reporting.
- To work closely with the Finance & Operations Manager and Finance & Operations Executive in each of the areas listed above, providing regular updates on progress and deliverables.
Skills and Experience
The candidate must possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- AAT Level 3 or equivalent Accounting qualification.
- GCSE grade equivalent to A – C in Maths and English.
- A good level of digital literacy, with experience working with Excel, Microsoft Office and collaborative software such as Google docs.
- A positive mindset and an ability to listen and understand customer, supplier and staff enquiries and communicate with others in a courteous and professional manner.
The following skills, experience and attributes will be an advantage:
- Strong command of written English and an ability to present information concisely and effectively
- Confidence to work independently and fit into a highly collaborative process, within different team settings
- A highly organised working style, with a strong attention to detail and an ability to set and prioritise tasks
- Capacity to work within time-sensitive schedules and to deadlines
- A desire to learn on the job, through practical tasks.
- Prior experience with online accounting platforms such as Xero, Sage, etc.
To apply or to find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your current CV, together with a covering letter or email.
The position is available for immediate start. Applications close on 5th March 2020. We will be in contact with any successful applicants shortly after this date.