|Period/Terms:||Part Time – 4 days a week|
|Remuneration:||£40,000 – 45,000 p.a. (DOE – pro-rated)|
|Location:||London based, remote working at least 2 days/week|
|Reporting to:||Managing Director and Head of Finance|
At Mindful Education we specialise in creating media-rich professional courses and apprenticeships.
In partnership with colleges and training providers around the UK, we create award-winning learning solutions that contain:
– Online lectures, which are scripted and presented by academics and practitioners;
– High-quality motion graphics and animations that augment the learner experience;
– Case studies and online exercises; and
– Bespoke Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) that host the content we create.
We are passionate about lighting a fire within students and apprentices to learn and our aim is to set a new standard in the digital delivery of UK education.
In 2019 and 2021, Mindful Education was named Education Technology Company of the Year. We are a growing company, expanding from c. 25 team members in 2019 to c.45 permanent staff members in May 2021.
We are seeking an HR Manager to support the growing talent within Mindful Education and to help establish and maintain a formal HR system within the business.
Your role will involve working closely with the Managing Director and Head of Finance, as well as with senior members of each team, to help ensure the needs of our staff are met.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operational HR activities as well as contributing to and supporting the strategic objectives of Mindful Education. You will need to promote effective employee relations, as well as ensuring compliance with company policies, employment legislation and best practice.
The ideal candidate will have relevant previous experience as an HR manager, be highly organised, proactive and able to act with integrity, compassion and empathy.
- To manage HR activities and compliance for Mindful Education on a day-to-day basis.
- To implement and introduce a formal HR system for the business, using an appropriate third-party supplier of HR software (e.g. Bamboo).
- To maintain and manage the HR system beyond its initial implementation.
- To support relevant team leads and hiring managers in all the end to end recruitment processes.
- To liaise with candidates and recruitment suppliers in the arrangement of all interviews.
- To manage the onboarding of new employees, including obtaining the relevant information and the reference process and employment contracts.
- To introduce and manage a benefits scheme for staff.
- To communicate relevant employee policies to the rest of the company.
- To be the key point of contact for team members for questions regarding HR policies.
- To create internal reports for senior management on talent progress and changes.
- To manage all employment contracts for new and existing staff members.
- To manage and keep track of staff absences, holiday and illness.
- To provide monthly staff absence, illness and holiday reports to the payroll team.
- To lead and coordinate social activities across the business.
- To work alongside the IT manager to ensure staff have appropriate equipment to work in the office and from home.
- To work with senior management on office and home-working planning.
- To maintain employee records/files and other databases including confidential information.
- To lead and coordinate annual performance appraisals, supporting team leads and managers on how to implement it.
- To plan and coordinate staff training sessions.
- To work closely with the Managing Director and Head of Finance in each of the areas listed above, providing regular updates on progress and deliverables.
Skills and Experience
The candidate must possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- A level 5 qualification in an HR-related area.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an HR manager.
- An inherent dedication for quality and high standards.
- A highly organised working style, with a strong attention to detail and an ability to set and prioritise tasks.
- A “can do attitude”, determination and a readiness to roll up your sleeves.
- Must be collaborative and solutions-driven.
- Must be able to work autonomously.
- Strong command of written English and an ability to present information concisely and effectively.
The following skills, experience and attributes would be an advantage to applicants:
- Project management and delivery experience
- Experience working in private, fast-growing companies
- Prior experience with HR platforms such as Bamboo, etc.
- A excellent level of digital skills, with experience working with Excel, Microsoft Office, collaborative software such as Google docs and project management software.
To apply or to find out more, please email email@example.com with your current CV and a covering letter or covering email.
The position is available for immediate start. Applications close on 20/08/21.