Are you looking for an exciting new role?
Mindful Education was founded in 2015, with the mission of making the online learning experience better for students and apprentices, colleges and employers. We are a dynamic organisation where no two work days are ever the same. We are also a very friendly and welcoming bunch – it’s a great place to work!
We are growing fast, so we’re always on the lookout for fresh talent. We are seeking innovative and highly skilled individuals to join our team, particularly for creative, academic and web development roles.
If there is a position below that interests you, then please select it from the drop-down list and make your application. Even if we’re not advertising right now, we’d be delighted to hear from you, so please select ‘speculative application’ on the drop-down and send us your CV. We look forward to hearing from you.
At Mindful Education we specialise in creating media-rich professional courses.
The courses we build and deliver with UK colleges contain:
- Online lectures, which are scripted and presented by academics;
- Motion graphics and animations that augment the student experience;
- Case studies and online exercises; and
- Bespoke Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) that host the content we create.
We are passionate about setting a new standard in the digital delivery of education for our students.
We are seeking a Freelance Editor, ideally with business and/or accountancy experience, to work on several of our AAT Accountancy and CMI Management courses next year.
Working closely with our in-house team of academics, editors and producers, you will ensure that our online lectures are scripted to a high level in the Mindful style, and on deadline for production.
- To edit educational scripts that have been written as online lectures for filming.
Your review and editing work will include:
- Checking the structure, content and length of script, making sure it ties in with the needs of the online lecture, yet retains the attention of the student
- Checking that scripts are clear and concise, with appropriate tone, style and vocabulary for their level
- Ensuring consistency and accuracy across all content
- Resolving queries with authors and multimedia production teams as appropriate
- Checking for and avoiding possible legal issues, such as libel, or breach of copyright
- Checking that references are quoted correctly and appropriately and that images and motion graphics have the right captions and sub-titles
- Giving due consideration to whether illustrations, graphs, tables and animations are appropriate for an online lesson, by discussing this with the relevant subject academic and the digital development team.
- To edit and agree all digital text prepared by academics.
- To review all copy and content that is developed for provision to students.
Skills and Experience
The candidate must possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Minimum of 3 years editing experience, preferably in digital, educational and/or broadcast environments
- Understanding of educational levels and how they translate to written work
- A passion for quality, high standards and detail
- Excellent command of English grammar
- Collaborative working style and the ability to work with a diverse group of writers
- Ability to work autonomously under deadline pressure
The following skills, experience and attributes would be an advantage:
- More than 5 years editing experience
- Qualifications or experience with business, accounting and financial subjects
- Multi-discipline experience of editing i.e. a portfolio of editing work across film, audio, digital and print
- Teaching experience
- Previous work experience within an academic context, for either a university, college or academic publisher.
£225 per day or approx. £3000 per project (5 projects in total)
To apply, click the Apply Now button, complete the online form below, upload your CV and paste your covering note into the Message box (optional). To find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.