Are you looking for an exciting new role?
Mindful Education was founded in 2015, with the mission of making the online learning experience better for students and apprentices, colleges and employers. We are a dynamic organisation where no two work days are ever the same. We are also a very friendly and welcoming bunch – it’s a great place to work!
We are growing fast, so we’re always on the lookout for fresh talent. We are seeking innovative and highly skilled individuals to join our team, particularly for creative, academic and web development roles.
If there is a position below that interests you, then please select it from the drop-down list and make your application. Even if we’re not advertising right now, we’d be delighted to hear from you, so please select ‘speculative application’ on the drop-down and send us your CV. We look forward to hearing from you.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who has worked in an administrator role in a medium or large organisation.Details
|Salary:||£24,000 - £27,000 pa|
|Location:||This role is mainly home based, with some travel to London for team and company meetings (2-6 days per month) and occasional travel to business conferences and to visit our partner colleges UK-wide (6-8 days per year)|
|Reporting to:||Operations Manager|
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who has worked for 3+ years in an administrator role in a medium or large organisation.
We are seeking someone who is confident in managing multiple priorities while dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and is keen to develop their skills as part of a friendly team in an innovative, rapidly growing business.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the role will involve supporting the day-to-day operation with administration, enabling timely and effective response to the needs of our business partners and of other teams in our organisation. You will be responsible for ensuring that any processes and procedures that you introduce are scalable for a growing business.
Responsibilities – supporting the operations team and wider business
- Prioritising and responding to incoming communication from our partners
- Prioritising and responding to incoming communication from learners via our ticketing system
- Co-ordinating new course start dates internally and with our partners
- Executing any requests for delivery plan changes from our partners for courses and apprenticeships
- Collaborating with internal teams to achieve shared goals
Responsibilities – maintaining learner records
- Maintaining internal learner records via our inhouse database to track status and progression
- Requesting and tracking learner assessment results
- Producing internal reports summarising learner engagement, results and progression
- Acting as the point of contact for our Finance team for any queries regarding learner information
Responsibilities – scaling up the operation
- Working alongside the team to further develop our Key Performance Indicators and their tracking
- Working to further develop our internal Management Information System (MIS)
- Working alongside the Director of Operations to further develop our project management system and daily workflows
Skills and Experience
The candidate must possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- 3+ years in an administrator role, ideally within a medium or large sized organisation
- Experience dealing with customer enquiries
- Proficiency working with MS Office 365 and Google-suite
- An inherent dedication to quality, high standards and attention to detail
- A “can do” attitude, determination and a “readiness to roll up their sleeves”
- Must be collaborative, solutions-driven and also able to work autonomously
The following skills, experience and attributes would be an advantage to applicants:
- Experience working in the Education sector
- Proficiency with spreadsheets / google sheets
- Experience working with CRM systems, e.g. Hubspot
- Experience working with project management software, e.g. Trello, Monday.com
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of working in a customer service environment
At Mindful Education we create award-winning online courses and apprenticeships which set a new standard in the digital delivery of education. We are specialists in blended learning, delivering flexible courses and apprenticeships with our partner colleges across the UK in accounting, management, law and human resources.
Our specialist in-house creative, digital and academic teams, including filmmakers, motion graphic designers and web developers, collaborate with subject experts to create learning solutions that are compelling, intuitive and engaging.
Our courses are media rich, containing high quality video lectures and using motion graphics to bring concepts to life, alongside exercises, interactive case studies and analytical tools to further enhance the learning experience.
We are a friendly, innovative, hard-working education technology company, where people are valued and encouraged to contribute their ideas.
In 2021 Mindful Education was named Edtech Company of the Year at the Global Business Technology Awards.
The position is available for an immediate start. We will be reviewing applications regularly and inviting suitable applicants to interview as soon as possible, so please do not delay in making your application.
To apply or to find out more, please email email@example.com with your current CV, together with a covering letter or email.
The covering letter or email should describe how your skills and experience match the role requirements.