Looking to find an exciting new career? Mindful Education is looking to innovate and push forward the educational sector and you could be a part of our highly skilled team. We are constantly looking for talent, particularly for creative, academic and web development roles, so drop us a note or apply for a specific post below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Period/Terms: Part-Time/Flexible contract.
Remuneration: £40,000 – £50,000 pa (Full-time basis pro-rata rate)
Reporting to: Head of Learning and Development – Law
Designing and developing CILEx courses – Levels 3 to 6 – for blended delivery.
To plan and develop teaching resources that are tailored for blended learning delivery, which include:
- Online Lectures;
- Online Case Studies and Exercises;
- Student In-Class handouts;
- In-Class Teaching presentations and resources; and
- Other relevant materials for students.
To create high-quality, engaging online lectures for students. The development process will include:
- Designing the content and format of the online lectures;
- Scripting those online lectures for filming; and
- Storyboarding the online lectures with the creative team at Mindful Education. This will include planning how to use motion graphics to augment the learning experience for students, as well as working with our in-house digital team on the online student experience.
To be innovative and creative in the use of learning and teaching resources and methods, using a wide array of content, strategies and tools.
To co-ordinate the development of courses with specialist technical staff including:
- Graphic Designers;
- Motion Graphic Specialists;
- Editorial staff; and
- Senior Management.
To prepare course management and support documentation to a high-standard, including:
- Schemes of Work;
- Lesson Plans;
- Tutor & Learner support packs (for tutorials and directed independent study); and
- Reports and statistics, as required for internal and external boards and reviews.
Skills and Experience
The candidate must possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Minimum of 2 years as a lecturer delivering a CILEx qualification at level 3 or above either through full time, part-time or distance learning study
- Experience in marking and providing feedback to learners
- Firsthand experience and knowledge of CILEx regulations and the expectations of Accredited Centres and Learners, including the CILEx centre monitoring process
- Working knowledge of other academic processes involving quality management and assurance, such as Standards Verification/External Examiner reviews
- Have received first-hand student feedback on course delivery
- Have a passion for delivering excellent teaching and learning for students
- Must be collaborative, solutions driven and possess a ‘can do’ attitude
- Be able to work autonomously.
The following skills, experience and attributes will be an advantage:
- An Assessor qualification
- Commercial experience within the legal sector
- An interest in digital education, including recent developments in the sector;
- Experience of good and bad practice regarding the use of digital resources
- Firsthand experience of working with employers and/or apprenticeships.
At Mindful Education we specialise in creating media-rich professional courses & apprenticeships, which we deliver in partnership with colleges around the UK.
The courses we build and deliver with our partner colleges contain:
- Online lectures, which are written and presented by experienced lecturers and experts;
- Motion graphics and animations that augment the student experience;
- Case studies and online exercises; and
- Bespoke Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) that host the content we create.
We are an innovative, hard-working and dedicated digital education company aiming to set a new standard in the digital delivery of UK further and higher education.
To apply or to find out more please fill in the below form and attach your current CV, together with a covering message. The message must list the CILEx units and levels you have taught for at least two years.
Mindful Education are seeking an enthusiastic Mid to Senior Web Developer who will enjoy a multi-faceted and challenging development role, in a dynamic and fast growing company.
As part of our growing team of talented individuals, you will be involved in market-leading digital development.
Reporting to our Head of Digital, we require a candidate who is able to help the team continue to expand the development of our main proprietary platform and plugins. We are constantly working on improving and building new plugins for our platforms which are used both internally and externally. You will get the opportunity to shape how we build our platform and work with a large range of technologies, both at the front and back end parts of the platform.
- PHP – object-oriented programming
- HTML5 / CSS3 / SASS / Twitter Bootstrap
- Gulp / npm
- AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, SQS, Route53, Autoscaling)
- Laravel 5 / Blade / Eloquent / Unit Testing
- Linux Server / Apache / Nginx / SSH
- Write PSR-2, maintainable code
- Vimeo API
- Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator
- iOS/Android Mobile app development using Cordova
- D3 Charts
All candidates invited to interview may be given an opportunity to share their skills with us via a test environment we have set up.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV using the web form below.
No recruitment agencies please.