|Period/Terms:||Full time, permanent|
|Remuneration:||£23 – £27k per year based on experience|
|Location:||London office & from home, plus frequent shooting at our studio in Essex|
|Reporting to:||Head of Production & Film|
At Mindful Education we specialise in creating media-rich professional courses.
The courses we build and deliver with UK colleges contain:
- Online lectures, which are scripted and presented by academics;
- Motion graphics and animations that augment the student experience;
- Case studies and online exercises; and
- Bespoke Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) that host the content we create.
We are passionate about setting a new standard in the digital delivery of education for our students.
We are seeking a Production Assistant ideally with experience working on educational videos, to work across our professional courses and apprenticeships portfolio.
Working closely with our in-house production team, academics and creatives, you will provide support to the Head of Production & Film ensuring that every element of the production process has been planned, agreed and disseminated to all parties. The candidate must be super organised and a great communicator, with an ability to juggle multiple projects at any one time.
A crucial part of the role will be assisting the Head of Production & Film on set during shoot days, with a view to the candidate taking over some set management and directorial responsibilities in the future. Therefore an interest in the studio set-up is crucial, and a hands-on, can-do attitude, a must.
Your pre-production responsibilities will include:
- Organising rehearsals and filming day schedules
- Attending rehearsals to finesse and finalise the scripts and performances ahead of the shoot
- Breaking the scripts down into shot-lists and preparing autocue documents
- Creating and disseminating call sheets and risk assessments
Your production responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the team to operate the camera, lighting, sound recording and autocue equipment at our studio-based shoots on filming days
- Supporting the director to ensure presenters give clear, accurate and engaging performances
- Working with the production team to ensure shoots run smoothly, making appropriate changes to the environment (backgrounds, sets, equipment) and troubleshooting any issues that arise
Your post-production work will include:
- Managing the upkeep of the studio, sets and backgrounds and inputting into new ideas for new sets and props
- Ordering any new parts or equipment for cameras and sets
- Organising for any improvements or renovating as required
- Working with the Head of Production & Film on planning documents and gantt charts to monitor the production needs of the business
- Organising production meetings as well as any other ad-hoc planning meetings
- Sending out meeting agendas and meeting notes
Essential Skills and Experience
The candidate must possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Experience of working on film sets or video shoots
- Experience of working with production planning tools such as excel, google docs, monday.com, ftrack or similar
- Ability to work collaboratively on-set as well as autonomously off-set under schedule and deadline pressures
Desirable Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have experience working on video or film sets teamed with the ambition and enthusiasm to learn and grow within a dynamic team. This opportunity is open to someone who may have studied at a degree level, voluntary video experience or a college level qualification. The following skills, experience and attributes would be an advantage:
- Experience of working in educational filmmaking
- Knowledge or experience working with DSLR videography in a studio environment. Our in-house equipment is based around a Sony a7s, Rode shotgun mic and a Pre-mix 3 mixer
- Knowledge of Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects
- Set design and build experience
To apply please email email@example.com with your current CV and a covering email. Please quote ‘Production Assistant’ in the subject header of the email and include any links to examples of your recent work. The position is available for a May start. Applications close on Friday 7 May . We will be in contact with any successful applicants shortly after this date.
A note on location and the impact of Coronavirus
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the Mindful Education team has been home-based, and all team members have been working remotely, except on shoot days when we film at our in-house studio, based in Essex following strict social distancing guidelines. We do not know what the future holds in terms of ongoing lockdown and social distancing requirements, therefore this role will be initially home based except on shoot days. Going forward, when government guidance states that it is safe to do so, the role holder may be required to work from our offices in Soho.